NATI FRINJ BIENNALE DIRECTOR
ACT Natimuk is on the hunt for a new Frinj Director. Could this be you?
Please read the Summary Job Description and if interested, it is recommended to then read the much more detailed Job Description.
All enquiries and applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Summary)
Position: Nati Frinj Biennale Festival Director
Type of Position: Two-year, Fixed Term, Part-time, Contract position, with potential for extension, commencing March 2022
Location: Soldiers Memorial Hall, Natimuk
Contract Overseer: ACT Natimuk Executive and Committee
Enquiries: email@example.com Full Position Description listed below (recommended).
Applications due: 5pm Monday 21 February 2022
Applications address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the development and delivery of the 2022 Nati Frinj Biennale Festival. The Festival Director will work closely with the ACT Natimuk Executive and Committee, ACT General Manager, contracted artists, local artists, sponsors, and the public to deliver the programme. The position references the ACT Strategic Plan 2021-2024, Cultural Protocols (2021), Reconciliation Action Plan (2021).
- Programming and Coordination
- Human Resource Management
- Grants, Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Marketing and Promotion
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Administration and Reporting
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
A half page response to each criterion is required in your application.
- Demonstrated leadership in arts related event co-ordination or experiences within a community-based organisation including managing paid and volunteer staff.
- Demonstrated financial experience in managing project/program budgets.
- Demonstrated capacity to attract funding and sponsorship.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy environment with minimal direction.
- Well-developed time management skills.
CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The position has higher and lower demands during the contract period.
The ability to work after hours and flexibility of work time is a requirement of this role.
Ongoing proximity to Natimuk is preferred.
The contract commences March 2022 for two full calendar years at different pay rates reflecting the work required during a festival year and a non-festival year. There is the possibility of renewal for a further two years to align with the duration of the CEP funding.
The contract fee is Total $25,000 over the duration of the two-year contract. Being $ 20,000 p.a. for the festival year and $5000 for the non-festival year with employer Superannuation additional to the wage, Workcover, pro rata four weeks annual paid leave, pro rata sick leave.
There is the possibility of renewal for a further two years to align with the duration of the CEP funding.